Home » , , , , , , , , » Android Game Previews: Jet Grind Set Radio Vita | (GBA, DC, PS3, XBOX 360, PC, Vita, Android, IPHONE)

Android Game Previews: Jet Grind Set Radio Vita | (GBA, DC, PS3, XBOX 360, PC, Vita, Android, IPHONE)

Jet Grind Radio Previews - Sega's recent announcement of Jet Set Radio's digital return sparked quite a bit of excitement across the 1UP staff, and the news that it would also be available on PS Vita only sweetened the news. After spending some quality time with the Dreamcast classic, I can safely say that Jet Set Radio Vita plays exactly like you'd imagine Jet Set Radio playing on the Vita, and that is in no way a bad thing.

Jet Grind Set Radio reviews
There's something that's been on my mind for quite a while, but it wasn't until i got my hands on the game. I prefer to use my handhelds as a sort of video game time machine. Instead of playing original titles made for the device, I would much rather use it to revisit my favorite games of yore. The GBA was my own personal SNES that I could keep on me at all times, and now the Vita is shaping up to be the handheld that harnesses all the titles I loved through the late '90s and early aughts. Through games like this as well as Sony's announcement that PS1 titles will soon be playable on the Vita just solidifies the handheld's role as a preservation unit.

Jet Grind Set Radio GBA, DC, PS3, XBOX 360, PC, Vita, Android, IPHONE
Jet Set Radio Previews
Jet Set Radio looks and sounds just as amazing as it did back in 2000. Once again, the Vita's screen astounded me by just how damn gorgeous it is to look at. Aside from the visuals, cruising around the Shibuya bus terminal and tagging every surface I could find brought back fond memories of the Dreamcast's glory days. Anyone who played the original will immediately slide right back into the groove. While many including myself would prefer to see Sega spending their efforts on crafting a third installment in the series, being able to play Jet Set on the go is a welcome addition to my gaming life.

The demo version on the show floor didn't feature touch screen functionality for the various graffiti motions, but you could control the camera by rubbing the back of the Vita. This method of direction makes the originally cumbersome camera movements a much more fluid experience. I'm curious to see how well the front screen's touch functionality is implemented regarding the spray motions and whether or not I'll abandon the analog sticks in favor of a few simple swipes.

Sega wasn't showing the console versions of JSR, so we can't say whether this rerelease is best played at home. But regardless of the quality of the PSN and XBLA versions, I can safely say that I'll be using my Vita this summer to cause all sorts of mayhem across Tokyo

Game Platform:  GBA, DC, PS3, XBOX 360, PC, Vita, Android, IPHONE
Tag Android Game Previews: Jet Grind Set Radio Vita | (GBA, DC, PS3, XBOX 360, PC, Vita, Android, IPHONE)
Description Jet Grind Radio  Previews - Sega's recent announcement of Jet Set Radio's digital return sparked quite a bit of excitement across...
Author
Author Rating
5/ 5 Vote From 1351 Review
Share this article :

Latest News

 
Support : Contact Us | theme
Copyright © 2013. Top Game Reviews - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by BloggerGoogle